10 Aug 2011

Perfect nails without going to the salon.

Yesterday I decided that today I want to channel my inner Dorothy. Well more of the reason that I bought a nail polish called Ruby Shoes by N.Y.C Color.


You wanna take a guess how much this awesome bottle costs? Just 2 dollars!!!! What a find! Right about now, you might be thinking, "Well it could be 2 dollars but how am I going to get that perfect salon nails? I still have to fork out 40 dollars or more to do my nails."

Well don't fret my dearies! The ever sneaky, cheaty Mrs. Williamson is here to save the day! And money ;)

When I was younger, my brother use to date this girl who knew every cheat and secret in putting on flawless makeup, skincare, hair styling and how to put on nail polish without stepping out of the house. She was a genius! And she taught me everything which I am forever grateful. I kept the secrets for a long time and no one ever seem to know how I never spent money but always somehow put on makeup, did my hair and nails like I just stepped out of the salon 5 minutes ago. Well today, I have decided to share the secret. Before you start screaming and jumping in joy, I'm just going to share just the nail secret for now. Yes I know, it may seem a little mean but I assure you, I will be sharing a lot more in the future!

So here are the things you will need :

  • nail file
  • base coat or a buffer
  • top coat
  • nail polish of your choice

That's it! Unbelievable isn't it?

So for the base and top coat, I like to use Sally Hansen Double Duty because instead of buying 2 separate bottles, this hot momma acts as a top and base coat all in one bottle. Perfect!

The base coat is great before you put on the nail polish. This is so that the nail polish will have a nice smooth finish when you put it on. Another alternative is to buff the ridges ( those bumpy things you sometimes get on your nails ). I prefer the base coat. Here is a website I found that will tell you all about how to file and buff your nails. Make sure that you wash your hands after filing and buffering, otherwise your going to get nail dust under the nail polish. I usually do this a day before applying nail polish.

Now to make this work, it is vital that you do this a few hours before you hit the sack. When you are ready, apply base coat ( if you decide to use this ) on dry, bare nails and let dry. Once dry, apply nail polish. Now here's the secret, While applying, don't try to be a perfectionist, trying to not get the nail polish on your skin. Just apply it all over! With this method, you will get your nail polish on the sides of your nails. Apply 2 coats and let dry. At this point, your fingers are going to look like a train wreck on nails but don't worry, it may look horrid now but I promise you, the outcome will be fabulous!

Once nails is dry, snooze away. Next day, while taking a shower, pick the nail polish on your wet skin and watch the magic as the nail polish comes off! Now you can gaze at your perfect nails! After your shower, once dry, apply top coat and let dry. Voila! Perfect nails without even stepping out of your house!


I hope this helps women out there who are on a budget and want to have a polished, perfect nails without breaking your budget. Do let me know if you've tried this method and have helped or if you have any tips and tricks. Would love to try them!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment