5 Jan 2014

La Baguette Review

Today, even though I wasn't feeling well, I decided to try this cute little pastry shop, La Baguette, that we passed by a while ago. It's located in Crows Nest, a suburb close to ours so it wasn't a far walk. Plus it was a beautiful day for a walk.


We ordered and even though there wasn't much on the menu, the smell of the fresh pastries was too tempting to not try. They had very beautiful decor. We ordered baked eggs and beans and a toastie and of course our coffee. Coffee was Campos and even though I use to work at a cafe that served Campos, and had a bad experience with it, this coffee was not half bad. Although the barista should know how to put the sugar in the coffee when I order my Flat White with one sugar.

The food is definitely something to rave about. IT IS TASTY! I was tempted to order more after my toastie, there was a variety of quiches, cakes and tarts. And oh, how I love my sweets and savouries! But I decided to be smart and not eat with my eyes {hardest thing I had to do}

But in every pro, there is always a con. It was a hot day and there wasn't any ceiling fans to keep us comfortable. And to make matters worse, the water was not cold. There was an open roof so it was like sitting outside with the beautiful sun shining down on us but again, it was a VERY hot day and by the time I finished my coffee, I was sweating buckets.

Overall, I would rate this place 7/10. Would definitely come back again for the food and environment. Just need to wear comfortable clothes and not sit under the sun.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment